Snacks!! Yumm! ^_^ …… Indian cuisine is in complete without Indian Snacks. Actually we Indians can’t even imagine our life without snacks……..Samosa, Toast, Cutlet, Momos, Paneer Tikka and many more, My mouth is watering!!
Friends, just imagine you are roaming in the market with your friends just want something to eat, Your eyes starts hovering over the place Where one of your favourite snacks is and then you jump over it, You really like the taste of Gulab jamun or Samosa…..Don’t you? The mouth watering smell of delicious snacks is irresistible. Here’s a surprise for you all…….some of your favourite snacks aren’t Indian at all. Here’s a list of Indian Snacks that aren’t actually from India.
1. Yeah,right, of course that might be on your favourite list but that doesn’t make it Indian. You should thank the traders who actually brought it.
2. This too is not actually ours but thanks to the Persian invaders, who gave us our National sweet. Yeah! the national sweet ain’t from India.
3. This delicious sweet came to India with the Mughal Rulers.
4. Tea!! Can you Imagine even a single morning without tea? At least one Chinese item is a boon. The Chinese should be thanked for this beverage.
5. Apart from our cultural ties with Nepal, we have got common food too.This one is not in the list of Indian snacks as we consider it as our main dish.
6. Well ,name of this food is enough! Not a snack but A famous dish in whole of North of India.
7. This one is very much famous in the Bengali community.Though I don’t know much about it.But as they say Its a Bengali Delicacy.
8. If you are from a south Indian family or if you have visited Karnataka you will get to know the popularity of filtered coffee. They say “you are not a true Bangalorean if u don’t like filtered coffee, Now don’t ask me Why, I have just heard it from them.”
Yeah these facts have left all of us amazed. Though these snacks and food items are from outside India but, friends these are delicious and will remain among our favourite delicacies. Huge thanks to the communities for bringing these famous snacks, foods and beverages to India.I can’t imagine life without these.
Do visit our website for more interesting facts about our Indian Society.