So the Voting has been ended for the next President of India and India has got it’s 14th President and as it was guessed It’s none another than the ex-governor of Bihar Ram Nath Kovind. The counting of the votes began on 11 am today and finally, the result was decided after the counting the total No of Votes as was declared by the Returning Officer Anoop Mishra.
Now Wikipedia hasn’t updated yet as of now and still shows Pranab Mukherjee In Case you were checking the Wiki. Kovind defeated his opponent Mira Kumari (Presidential candidate of UPA) by an average of 334,730 votes. Ram Nath Kovind got 7,02,044 while Meira Kumar bagged 3,67,314 votes. So The Upcoming president won with a total of 65.65% votes whereas the opposition candidate got 34.35% of votes.
Now You Should Know In India, President is elected by electoral college. It comprises all members of Parliament and legislative assemblies of all states, as well as of the Union Territories. Ram Nath Kovind will be sworn in on July 25. Kovind will be the 14th president of India after Pranab Mukherjee. The outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee, who served as the 13th President of India, will demit office on July 25.
Some Facts You might want to know about the next president of India.
- Kovind was born on 1 October 1945 in Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh.His father was a farmer. He holds a Bachelors degree in commerce and an LLB from DAV College affiliated to Kanpur University.
- After graduating in law from a Kanpur college, Kovind went to Delhi to prepare for the civil services examination. Passed this exam on his third attempt, but he did not join as he was selected for an allied service instead of IAS and thus started practicing law.
- He joined the BJP in 1991.He was Head of the BJP Dalit Morcha between 1998 and 2002 and President of the All-India Koli Samaj.He donated his ancestral home in Derapur to the RSS
- Was elected and became a Rajya Sabha MP from the state of Uttar Pradesh in April 1994. He served a total of twelve years, two consecutive terms, until March 2006.
- Also represented India at the UN and addressed the United Nations General Assembly in October 2002.
- On 8 August 2015, the President of India appointed Kovind as Governor of Bihar.Also On 16 August 2015, the acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court, Iqbal Ahmad Ansari, administered the oath to Kovind as the 36th Governor of Bihar
- After a nomination for the post of President of India, he resigned from his post as Governor of Bihar. President of India Pranab Mukherjee accepted his resignation on 20 June 2017.
And Now He will soon be joining as the next President of India for a term of next five Years. As nominee Ram Nath Kovind wins the polls. Also, You should know The vice president elections are also going to be held this during August this year. NDA has chosen its Urban Development Minister Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu as the suitable candidate and Shri Gopalkrishna Gandhi has been selected by the UPA government as their vice presidential candidate.
Do Give Us a Like and Comment Down Below. Your appreciation really matters to Us.
If you have any queries regarding our Blog Do Contact Us. If you want to write with Us any Article of your choice. Please Do Join Us. We will be happy to have you on our Team.